Kern Literacy Council's Free United States Citizenship Courses
About the Program:
Kern Literacy Council (KLC) proudly presents its United States Citizenship Classes, specially crafted for individuals gearing up for their US Citizenship test. Our program goes beyond rote memorization, aiming to empower learners through literacy, fostering a deeper understanding of democracy and the United States government.
- Target Audience: Individuals anticipating their US Citizenship test within the next year. - Frequency: Weekly classes, each spanning 1-2 hours.
- Locations: Conveniently offered at various locations throughout Kern County and across all 22 branches of the Kern County Library System.
Our esteemed instructor is not just a guide but a mentor. A seasoned volunteer, a proud United States veteran, and a published author, they bring a unique blend of experience and dedication to the classroom. Their commitment to community service ensures a supportive and enriching learning environment.
Comprehensive Study Aids:
- Enrolled students receive thoughtfully curated study aids, including materials that cover the spectrum of topics required for the US Citizenship test.
- Beyond the classroom, our commitment extends to ongoing support. Students seamlessly transition to other KLC programs, such as ESL classes and tutoring services, ensuring a holistic approach to their literacy journey.
Career Soft Skills:
- We recognize the importance of not just passing a test but building skills for life. Our program integrates career soft skills to prepare individuals for broader opportunities in their personal and professional lives.
Empowering Through Literacy:
At the heart of Kern Literacy Council's mission is the belief that literacy is a transformative force. By imparting knowledge and skills, we empower individuals to actively participate in their communities, fostering a sense of self and political efficacy.
Join Our Initiative:
We invite potential partner sites to collaborate with us in expanding the reach of our program. If you share our commitment to literacy and community engagement, or if you are interested in contributing as a United States Citizenship instructor, please reach out to our ESL Program Coordinator or contact our office at (661) 324-3213.
Your involvement can make a significant impact on the lives of those on their literacy journey in Kern County. Together, let's build a more literate and engaged community.